Job Update + Out & about in London
10 Apr 09
I have been without a job for close to a month now. The market has been quite tough especially towards the end of March, early April being the end of the financial year in the UK.
In the past week I have noticed in the area of Front End Development the contact side of the job market has improved quite rapidly. So much so I have attended a number of interviews and had 3 jobs offers! I can’t believe the turnaround. I start my new job on Tuesday working on a great project.
With the temperatures warming up and days getting longer now was a great time to get outdoors, here’s what ive been up to over the past few weeks…
- Sleeping in 🙂
- Finsbury Park – This 45 hectare park is just up the road, its massive spanning over 2 suburbs.
- Hyde Park & Green Park – Located in central London, had a lovely day walking around.
- Heaven Foam Party – Loads of fun was soaking wet by the end of the night.
- South Bank – Nice warm weather, people were flocking outdoors for the sunshine.
- St Johns Wood – quite high density apartments which are quite sort after. Kate Moss & Sir Paul McCartney are some hight profile residents.
- Hampstead Heath – This is one of the more affluent suburbs around London, some of the most expensive property is located in the Hampstead area. The shops that line the streets are aimed at the high end consumers. Jamie Oliver is a resident in Hampstead.
The Easter long weekend is here, I am venturing down to sunny Brighton today, going par-take in my first CouchSurfing experience – im excited!
the world is waiting for you